After much talk and contemplation WestCoastWives is finally no longer just an idea but is now here for our and your entertainment! It all began 5 years ago as two single girls became friends and realized their mutual love for long distance running, buttery chardonnay, fart jokes, and Christian Louboutin. Since then we have become hitched and now our combined interests have extended to Spanish wine, low carb diets, embarassing sexcapades and Lanvin.
The process of getting us two neurotic queen bees to sit down commit and create was as hard as it was to wake up and decide to go gluten free for a month. But we will be blogging and blabbering on for much longer than a month and we are so excited to share the many insights and blunders of a West Coast Wife.
Although our namesake involves wives we are not exclusively speaking to married women or even just women. This is our platform to show our perspective of what it's like to be a person/woman/wife, living in this crazy world of Southern California. Staying on trend and in style is like a part time job and keeping up with the endless youth and beauty around you can make you want to either throw on your fat sweats and cry or squeeze into your Herve Leger knock off in desperation. WestCoastWives is a plethora of topics from fashion wins, fails and finds to beauty tips to recipes and restaurant critiques to just our unadulterated opinion on Zac Effrons lower abdomen. We are here to explore it all! Keep in mind we are still in the beta phase so minor changes and updates will be made as we go. But please feel free to explore and troll around as you would on any ex-lover's Facebook page. Thank you for joining us on this journey and stay connected as we bring you more blogs on WestCoastWives! Before I sign off, here is our version of.....
Top 10 ways you know your a WestCoastWife
1. You opted for the tuna tartare appetizer rather than an entree so you could save the calories for an extra glass of wine...or two.....
2. You have a collection of amazing designer handbags that were either purchased used, black market, occasionally full retail- but only after getting your husband to cave by finally performing that one act you claimed "you had too much self respect for!!!"
3. Pregnancy means 10 months of strategizing your Beyonce inspired post-baby bod debut.
4. You know what "marionette lines" and "elevens" are.
5. You have mastered the selfie without succumbing to the duck face.
6. You receive spam email from Gilt, Shopbop, Hautelook, Revolve, ASOS, TheRealReal...
7. Having a youthful healthy tan while trying to also prevent premature aging from the sun is a balancing act where bronzer, trendy sun hats and zig zagging to the shady side of the street is common place.
8. You've taken at least one Barre, Soul Cycle, Piyo, or Bikram class this week.
9. Sunday Brunch means skimpy rompers, aviators, and stilettos/wedges with a mimosa main course.
10. You have an arsenal of laxatives and detox teas in the event you need to squeeze into that cut out Halston Heritage dress you've been waiting to debut.